Sunday, February 9, 2014

Incentive to write

I've discovered a new incentive to write on my new book(s). It's called "Being iced in and not able to leave the house." This picture was shot looking out our back door. It's beautiful to look at, but I am getting tired of the constant cold. We've had a week where the temperature hasn't gotten above freezing. We are in the South. There is a reason we live in the South. It's called warmth! I know that our weather is nothing compared with those unfortunates that live in areas where six feet of snow is the norm, but this is ridiculous. The bad news; we are expecting another Winter storm starting tonight and lasting through tomorrow night. Alaska has been warmer than we have. Someone send Spring. I am ready for it.

4 comments:

  1. My sentiments exactly. I am already Googling properties in Hawaii. Now, all I have to do is win the lottery. Oh, wait. I can't get out of my iced-up driveway to buy a ticket! Well, Marnie, we'll just have to keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hug Pasha for me and enjoy your lovely fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fireplace. Sounds great, especially if it is accompanied by a vintage Merlot--oh, and some cheese. I can see from the selection of wines on this site, that you too are a connoisseur.

    I agree with your post about how difficult it is for us writers sometimes to get into the reader's mind and to realise that they may not be able to follow all our thoughts. Sometimes they need a helpful nudge, but then you face the pitfall of making things too obvious, which jars them out of the story as they become aware of your interference.

    It's been a nice visit to your site, Marnie.

    If you would like to chat further on author issues, visit me on mine.

    Alex George
    Author of Under the Dragon's Claw
    www.authoralexgeorge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must be Karma. I've taken so long to answer you post that we are now awaiting another Winter Blast in March. I shall be visiting your website today. Thank you for the invite

    ReplyDelete